Solcial-To-Earn: SocialFi staking PLUS a meme contest!
A Solana based social economy
Solcial is a social media platform built on Solana. It's sort of a cross between Twitter and Facebook. Lot's of stuff you'd be familiar with as goes any social media platform.
It has both web and mobile apps.
You can mint your own token on the platform and then trade it and other users tokens. All of the tokens are paired in private LPs on the platform with the native token $SLCL.
Token prices vary according to the following (from the Telegram group):
"Every user token is trading versus SLCL as the primary pool is USER/SLCL, but SLCL has a price that changes with the SLCL/USD pair. So the USER/USD pair would change too depending on SLCL itself."
The $SCLC token has definitely had rough ride, but this is a social platform that launched to public access late 2022. Keep in mind the much better funded Lens Protocol has been live for nearly 2 years and still isn't out of beta access.
You see the team's roadmap here https://wiki.solcial.io/the-basics/roadmap
I won't go too much more into the details, see the links below to dig into the features and how to sign up and get started with your user token.
How to Tutorials: https://wiki.solcial.io/tutorials
Solcial not long ago launched their staking program. Very basically:
- You can stake your SLCL to earn yield on it
- You get a base yield regardless of what you do on the platform
- You get a boosted yield on top of the base yield for actions on the platform. Solcial have never publicly revealed what their criteria are (to protect against spammers) but shared this explanation recently in the Discord (in response to some AI comment bots users were using): "Hi everyone, just to keep things transparent, commenting on other people's post don't increase your APY for the staking program. Instead the actions that increase your APY are about posting high quality content, and trading activities. Such as receiving upvotes, buying user tokens, getting people to subscribe to your Tier 2 posts, and referring friends to Solcial."
- The catch is you need to log into Solcial once a day to claim your rewards. They won't roll over to the next day. You can claim them or claim & restake.
See the below for more about the staking program
Promote Solcial-To-Earn and win big!
Myself and fellow Solcial users: @BernardNguyen @Voronovskiy and @Investigator515 have teamed up to run the first in what we hope will be a series of promotions to help drive more users to Solcial.
Our first one is an AI image/meme contest. The theme is the Solcial-To-Earn program.
There's a fantastic prize pool up for grabs
How do I win?
Make an image/meme that talks about the staking program on Solcial
Post it on Solcial with the hashtag #earnwithslcl
But the fun doesn't stop there!
Post any #earnwithslcl image/meme (doesn't have to be yours!) on other social media and then post a link to that post on Solcial with the hashtag #earnwithslcl
HOT TIPS for posting on other social media
- Include your referral link! Don't miss out on rewards.
- Include one or more links about the Solcial-To-Earn program (see comments) to help people better understand the mechanics/value proposition
Here's some good links to use on any other social media posts
We'll be awarding for both engagement on Solcial (upvotes, reposts, comments) and for engagement on other social media platforms.
Examples of eligible Solcial posts
Don't worry, I can't actually win, I've posted these on Solcial as an example.
Solcial native post https://solcial.io/@andrewsaul/post/153056-have-you-started-using-the
Facebook repost https://solcial.io/@andrewsaul/post/153058-solcial-facebook-the-math-is
Twitter/X repost https://solcial.io/@andrewsaul/post/157154-why-do-we-need-to-pay-twitter
Join Solcial Today!
I use both BULB and Solcial and find both to be highly complementary in terms of my social media and content usage.
Click the link here or below to sign up to Solcial https://solcial.io/?ref=andrewsaul (it's a referral link, you can also earn $SLCL too by referring users).