Depression is the state of emptiness, tiredness, lack of energy, and loss of interest or pleasure in normal activities.
So have you been feeling fatigued lately? Uninterested in the things that you usually enjoy doing? Too overwhelmed to keep up with work, family, and friends? Frustrated or irritated over small matters?
Well, you might have what we call stress-induced Depression, have in mind that stress is our body's and mind's response to pressure. For instance, worrying so much about finances, the future, health issues, relationships, and bill payments. You can't seem to get a break, it is very easy to slip into depression.
Sometimes you don't even realize when that slip begins to happen, because it's mostly subconscious.
It is just like your mind and body woke up one day and decides I can't do this anymore. Feels like you are caught in an unending cycle of always having to meet up with something.
Thus you begin to lose your zeal to keep trying, even when you decide to put work aside and clear your mind, the anxiety from all the things you're leaving unattended, and the guilt from lack of productivity would weigh you down even more.
Stress-induced depression can be easily recovered from, by finding healthy ways to manage your stress:
- Reduce your workload by dealing with things in order of importance or urgency
- Do light exercise like cardio, and yoga.
- Take a walk around the neighborhood, or change the environment if possible
- You can try simple relaxation techniques like meditation.
- Most importantly eat healthy, eating healthy has a great effect on our moods.
- Take a break from social media, your phone, work, and all things that are stressing you aside, and spend the day doing things you love. like watching a movie, or reading books.
 BULB, 'Write to Earn. Read to Earn' (online, 2022) <https://www.bulbapp.io/>