An Apple a day, keeps the doctor away
"An apple a day keeps the doctor away" nice quote right. We may think it refers to only eating "apples", but no. It is also related to eating healthy. Eating fruits provides many nutrients and vitamins for the body, fruits are always associated with eating healthy. Hence the phrase "an apple a day keeps the doctor away" because when you eat healthily, you don't have to see the doctor every day.
We pride ourselves on eating junk food day in, day out, consuming unhealthy amounts of Soda, alcohol, and the likes. But, in the long run, these unhealthy eating habits will affect our health
adversely in the future.
Why should we eat healthily?
- A healthy diet is critical for good health and nutrition.
- It protects you against a wide range of chronic non-communicable diseases, including heart disease, diabetes, and cancer.
- A healthy diet may support mental and cognitive wellness.
- A healthy diet can also help a diabetic person control their blood glucose levels and keep their cholesterol level within the target range
- Eating healthy also boosts your immunity and helps your digestive system function properly
- It also keeps your skin, teeth, and eyes healthy giving you stronger bones
No comments yet.