The best moments in DogeCoin history!
DogeCoin is just one of those coins that keeps popping in news feeds, humor threads, cryto discussions and Twitter .... just like that. There's a certain light charm it has, doesn't it.
It's got an interesting history. Here are some significant points in its storyline.
- Creation: Dogecoin was created in 2013 by programmer Billy Markus and marketing specialist Jackson Palmer. It was originally intended to be a joke based on the popular "Doge" internet meme.
- First major rally: In December 2013, Dogecoin experienced a massive surge in value, reaching a market capitalization of over $2 billion. This was largely due to the enthusiasm of its online community, who organized various fundraisers and charity events using Dogecoin.
- Dogecoin Foundation: In early 2014, the Dogecoin Foundation was established as a non-profit organization to support the development and promotion of the currency. However, it eventually dissolved due to lack of funding and leadership.
- Dogecoin NASCAR sponsorship: In 2014, the Dogecoin community raised over $55,000 to sponsor NASCAR driver Josh Wise, who raced with a Dogecoin-branded car at the Aaron's 499 race.
- Dogecoin tipbot: In 2014, the Dogecoin tipbot was created, allowing users to easily send small amounts of Dogecoin to each other on social media platforms such as Reddit and Twitter.
- Elon Musk tweets about Dogecoin: In 2020 and 2021, Tesla CEO Elon Musk tweeted several times about Dogecoin, causing its value to surge. Musk has also mentioned Dogecoin on various occasions during interviews and on social media.
- Dogecoin becomes a meme coin: Over time, Dogecoin has become known as a "meme coin" due to its origins as a joke and its frequent use in internet memes. Despite this, it has continued to gain popularity and has even been accepted as a form of payment by some merchants.
So overall, it's hard some exciting stories, but has never really been considered one of the big gun in crypto. Who cares as long as it gives us a fun time!!
No comments yet.