Charitable donations of Time!
Do you or have you thought about making a donation to a charity? If so, I encourage you to read on.....
What is a charity?
A charity is a non-profit organization that is dedicated to improving the well-being of a specific group of people or society as a whole and is funded by donations and grants A Charity is not established to make a profit but for the well being of those in need.
Charities often struggle to raise funds for a number of reasons that include:
- Competition: There are a huge number of charities seeking donations from the public or industry and it can be difficult to compete and be relevant in the community.
- Lack of Awareness: Some charities do not have a market presence and have limited brand recognition making it difficult to find and convert prospects into donors. There needs to be a personal connection to the charity
- Economic factors: Economic downturns or recessions can lead to a decrease in charitable giving as people have less disposable income. In times of rising interest rates and cost of living pressures there is a tightening of individual budgets and spending. Some people may not have the financial resources to donate to charity, especially if they are struggling with their own financial difficulties.
- Changing donor preferences: Donors may shift their giving priorities over time, leading to decreased support for certain charities and perhaps a focus on what is relevant at the time.
- Misperceptions: Some people may have negative or misinformed views of charities on how investments are spent and the impact they can have. This lack of trust results from past scandals or a lack of transparency on how funds are used.
These are not all of the reasons why charities may struggle to attract donations. A charity can address these challenges by being transparent, demonstrating the impact of their work, and building personal connections with potential donors. In addition a charity must reimagine how they attract donations beyond just financial
means and look for opportunities to leverage peoples time
Donations of time are a great way to support charities when financial support is constrained. One example is volunteering
Volunteering can involve a variety of activities, such as helping at a soup kitchen, mentoring a child, or assisting with fundraising events. Many charities rely on volunteers to carry out their mission and provide vital services to those in need. Donating time can be a valuable way to support a cause you care about, and it can also be a way to build new skills, make connections, and give back to your community.
A novel new concept has been established via MeetMagic. MeetMagic is a network aimed at changing the face of business by connecting Corporate Executives to innovative technology and business solution providers - while simultaneously making a positive social impact.
How does MeetMagic Work?
The Meetmagic platform connects vendors with individuals based on areas of interest and creates the opportunity to decline or accept the meeting.
For each 45 min conversation, meetmagic will make a $700 donation to a charity of your choice (in your name).
Vendors seek your time based on your interests and pays to meet with you.
You have the ability to select from a number of charities.
This concept supports many of the challenges experienced by charities when there is an economic downturn and financial pressures causing you to limit and control your expenditure. Now you can allocate your time, learn about an exciting new product or service and support a charity and cause you can relate too.
So for one 45 minute meeting you donate $700 to a charity of your choice. If you do that once a month that equates to $8400 pa for 9 hours of your time.
Check it out and let me know your thoughts.